Files larger than 2GB Supported In This Version?

Lo Sheng ls at post1.com
Tue Jul 22 04:08:27 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knew if files larger than 2GB are supported via
Samba in this version?

I was trying to replace the company's NAS with a Linux system, was
totally caught off guard that the samba installed on Red Hat 8 does not
support files larger than 2GB, despite the fact that large files are
supported on Linux's native filesystem. I needed to obtain the patches
for both ther 2.4.18 kernel's smbfs, as well as smb itself to get it
work correctly.

It would be great if this is done in this new release from Red Hat!

ls