Bring back configurability in expert mode

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Jul 24 19:09:22 UTC 2003

I don't think they need the advanced configurability in redhat 10.
99 times out of a hundred you just the standard configuration works great.
I always go through and manually remove packages after the fact...
Or start with a miniml install and add packages in that I need specifically.

How many people really use this funcionality?
Newbies just want the base install to work, adding extra functinality just
adds potential bugsies.

Experts? Well experts can just rpm -e the packages they don't want.

This sort of items is a bitch to test, the number of combinations is mind
boggling....reminds me of my time making test cases for my brief time as a
QA hardware driver tester.