redhat-config-network and wireless card

Steve Ward stevewa at spiritone.com
Sun Jul 27 19:56:23 UTC 2003

I'm seeing similar issues, and here's what I worked out.

I'm using my AP in "shared key" mode.  In order to get the card to
associate (I'm using a D-Link DWL-650, which is also a Prism 2 card), I
have to be able to pass the "restricted" parameter to iwconfig along
with the WEP key.

I was able to do this by editting the ifcfg-eth0 file and putting the
keyword "restricted <space> <key>" in double quotes.

eg:

KEY="restricted 12345678901234567890123456"

It seems to be the GUI tool needs to be modified to handle this
possibility...