CDROM confusion

Jim A. Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 03:02:35 UTC 2003

This problem sounds awfully familiar. It sounds like phoebe is back!

I left the extra, but not correct links in the file. I accessed the
correct link to mount the device.

Somehow, it disappeared for me. I think that I updated some stuff to
test out the 2.5 kernel.

[jim at cornette jim]$ cat /etc/fstab
....snip... (This is from RH9)
/dev/cdrom         /mnt/cdrom      udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1       /mnt/cdrom1       udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

[jim at cornette jim]$ ls -la /dev/cd*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 18 17:25 /dev/cdrom ->
/dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 18 17:25 /dev/cdrom1 ->
/dev/scd1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root    8 Jul 30 18:42 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg1

-----------------------

[jim at cornette jim]$ cat /severn/etc/fstab
....snip.... (This is from upgrading from RHL 7.3 to Severn)
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

[jim at cornette jim]$ ls -la /severn/dev/cd*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Mar 10 21:54
/severn/dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Mar 10 21:54
/severn/dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Jul 30 18:36
/severn/dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg0

good luck!!!

Jim