RHEL 3.0 or Fedora for a 'production environment' ?

James J. Ramsey jjramsey_6x9eq42 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 17:12:33 UTC 2003

--- "Oscar A. Valdez" <oscar.valdez at plastipak.com.sv>
wrote:

> Does this statement from Red Hat mean that I can't
> get the same from
> Fedora? I don't think so. As long as Fedora provides
> stable, compatible
> packages, bug and security fixes and upgrades, I
> think I can live with
> it in my 'production environment'
>
> Anyone care to comment?

As far as I can tell, Fedora *releases* should be
expected to be as stable as Red Hat 7.x, 8.0, and 9.
The main catches with Fedora are that it gets updated
as often as the old Red Hat Linux--every six months or
so, and that there is no official support. I doubt
that Fedora releases will become members of the Church
of Our Lady of the Perpetual Beta.