RHEL 3.0 or Fedora for a 'production environment' ?

Ryan ruinaudio at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 01:11:24 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 18:52, Marcus White wrote:
> How many people/organizations actually took up RedHat's offer
> for support for a mere $5.00 USD per month (charged annually) or even
> bought RHL from a store? How many us opted for the "demo" support?
> Guilty, I am...

Yikes!  I don't feel guilty at all for using demo support.  It's a
service offered presumably to help grow a user base.  Removing that
service may or may not have negative effects on the size of that user
base (that's what this thread is all about).

Personally I like the Fedora "community support" model.  Fits my ethics
better.  This way I pay for support by contributing (if/when possible).
Then again, my "production environment" consists of all of two
computers.

-ry