.ogg icon

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Sun Nov 2 22:54:52 UTC 2003

rg wrote:

> Test 3, redhat-artwork 0.85-1 installed, but some common icons,
> notably .ogg, come up as GNOME icons (foot). Has this been cleared up
> for the final release?

I was not aware of this.

It should technically work.  If there is an error in redhat-artwork, it
would be in the icon sheet configuration file under the icons.
Basically, within that file, icons mime types are specified.

(From memory -- after all it is a weekend)
redhat-artwork/art/icon/Bluecurve/sheets/icons-files.icontheme  <- it's
something like this XML file (in the redhat-artwork source) where such a
problem may exist.

I think the file's mime type was actually application/x-ogg, which would
be tagged as gnome-mime-application-x-ogg.  At one point in time, I did
test this configuration, and at that one particular moment, it did
work.  This was before we upgraded to Gnome 2.4.x though, so ymmv.

Please file a bug in Bugzilla if it is indeed broken in the latest
redhat-artwork.  While you're at it, if there are other broken mime type
icon files you notice, please also add those to the bug.  I will try to
fix this as soon as possible if it is indeed an issue.

Also include the information on what Nautilus claims the mime type of
the file actually may be.  You can discover this by right-clicking on
the file and selecting properties.  It should then display the file's
type in the information dialog.

Thanks,
Garrett