Updated ISO images?

Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
Mon Nov 3 23:01:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 09:22, Don Russell wrote:
> I got the ISO images for FCT3 and installed it on two machines....
>
> The laptop install went "OK", but the update utility doesn't work, it
> hangs during checking dependencies etc.
>
> The desktop install fails miserably.... choking big time with rpmdb
> fatal errors during the package install.
>
> Question is... are there newer ISO images I can d/l and try again?
>
> Thanks,
> Don

I can see that every-one wants iso's... Well if you have a DVD-R I can
give you the command to generate an ISO from the distribution tree:

cd /$distribution_tree

mkisofs -A Fedora\ Core\ 1/i386 -V Fedora\ Core\ 1/i386 -J -R -v -T -o
fedora-core.RC1-i386-DVD.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/implantisomd5 fedora-core.RC1-i386-DVD.iso

You can use this command to generate a ~2.2GB iso which is excellent for
VMWare or DVD-R's...

Ntz...Ntz...Ntz... so impatient... should warn you though that there are
absolutely no differences from an updated Severn Test3...

Your choice...