Fedora and Rawhide

Tue Nov 4 15:53:51 UTC 2003

> See the sources files shipped with current up2date, or the yum.conf
> in current yum.

Are there any plans to have the configuration be less redundant?  Right
now, I try to make double sure to keep the yum and up2date "sources" file
in synch.  Perhaps up2date could just use the yum config file for yum
sources (maybe redhat could collaborate with yum's authors to extend the
conf file directives a bit if needed). - just an idea.

(I was thinking about writing a utility that would copy [and convert
into the appropriate format] the yum lines from up2date into a yum.conf
file... then I could just modify up2date's file, and have both kept in
synch).

 -- noah silva