RH recommends using Windows?

Albert DE WINT adwint at pandora.be
Tue Nov 4 16:56:18 UTC 2003

Op di 04-11-2003, om 17:28 schreef Eric Wood:
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117575,00.htm
>
> Man, has RH really lost that much confidence in Fedora?

It's rather a question of confidence in the 'average' consumer.  It
takes more than a few mouse clicks to install, let's say an nVidia
driver, or to get a sound card working.

BTW, I've never been able to watch DVD 'out of the box', neither on
Mandrake, nor on HD9.  I know it's a all just matter of plug-ins and
codecs.  So, maybe I should try harder.  But that's exactly the point!

My 10 year old kid happily runs DVD's on software he installed himself,
running Windows (click - click)  There's definately some work to be done
for linux in general (