while we're waiting for Fedora Core (GA) ...

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 4 20:16:51 UTC 2003

On November 4, 2003 02:59 pm, Bill Nottingham , <Bill Nottingham
<notting at redhat.com>> wrote:
> Elton Woo (elwoo at videotron.ca) said:
> > You might want to have a look at this:
> > http://www.linuxant.com/company/press_dldr.php
> >
> > LINUXANT RELEASES NEW DRIVERLOADERâ„¢ FOR INTEL CENTRINO, INTERSIL,
> > BROADCOM, ATHEROS, AND OTHER WIRELESS LAN DEVICES
>
> Woops, there went my lunch.
>
> Bill
Shocking, eh?  ... I keep getting surprised HOW MANY people ("laymen")
are aware of linux *here* in Montreal. Example, the other day, the cable
guy came to fix my neighbour's connection, which was inadvertently
removed. I had access to the apartment as my (Windows-using, but
Linux-curious-envious) neighbour was away.

The technician saw the machine running MS Windows, and I remarked
"Well, *I* don't use Windows" ... to which he gave me the thumbs-up
sign! Surprised? .. . I _almost_ *wasn't*.  :)

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.