[OT] Novell to Aquire SUSE

Jerry A! jerry-fedora at thehutt.org
Tue Nov 4 21:09:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:58:59PM -0800, jdow wrote:
: And I am about to jump ship for debian. I can't run a home office firewall
: on something that is in perpetual alpha state, fedora. And I cannot afford
: the idiot prices or compile times for the Red Hat releases. I don't blame
: your UG friends bailing. It's good sense.

How is Fedora in a perpetual 'alpha state?'  If the past few months are
any example it shows that it follows the same tested pattern for rolling
a release.  Develop in rawhide.  Test, alpha, test, beta, freeze,
release.  Rinse and repeat every 6 months.

Not that this process is rocket science.  It's more or less what most of
the other major Linux and BSD vendors do.

        --Jerry

--
Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!