Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 21:35:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:33:10PM -0500, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> "several days" sounds to me like... less than a week, certainly less than
> a month.

Give the man a prize!  :-)

> > Since Fedora is for home/hobby folks, could the announcement be
> > worded a bit more in nontechnical terms?  "Respin" is a new term for me,
> > and I've been using RH since 6.x days.
>
> I also was wondering what "respin" myself! (PR?)

Sorry, I thought it was in wider use when I penned that...

"spin" is one of many jargon words for creating the iso image.
(I've always assumed it came from creating phonograph records
and some association with that, but I really have no idea or
data to back up that assumption and would welcome any correction
from anyone with real data...)

By extension, to "respin" is to create a new iso image.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/