Questioning RH's decisions to remain a viable and independent company?

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Tue Nov 4 21:57:03 UTC 2003

Am Die, den 04.11.2003 schrieb Albert DE WINT um 16:54:

> > More interesting: Will Ximian still be available for Red Hat base
> > operating systems? Ximian Desktop was already available for SuSE, but i
> > can imagen that Ximian will stop supporting Red Hat.
>
> Not necessarily.  Suppose we'd simply ask them, would they care about
> answering?  There's only one way to find out.

in fact, is already has been answered:

'Yesterday afternoon Miguel de Icaza, co-founder of Ximian and current
CTO, told me, "We are going to support Fedora, and we are going to
support Red Hat. Remember, we want our software to be as widely used as
possible." He added, "We are Linux vendor-neutral. We are going to
support every Linux distribution because different markets have
different needs. It just makes sense to be vendor-agnostic and support
every player in town."`

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/11/03/2136258&mode=thread&tid=151