useing up2date to get software

Law Horne zimhat at foou.net
Wed Nov 5 00:20:22 UTC 2003

Well I don't think this has been discussed before. But I was looking at
all the talk about what up2date is in relevance to yum and apt. Now
understanding that the new channels that come with the latest version of
up2date are actually  yum repos, and that they contain all the software
for fedora. My question basically is as follows, is there a way to
download and install programs not currently on your system within
up2date( I realize you can do this if you put the channels in yum)? Or
is up2date strictly(at least at this time) for updates?