[OT] Novell to Aquire SUSE

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 02:54:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:17, Gord Busse wrote:
> Someone had mentioned something on this list earlier about Novell. Well
> I just happened across this press release. Apparently Novell it taking
> Linux VERY seriously.
>
> http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/11/pr03069.html

I also just read this before you posted it.  I wonder what Novell will
do about the desktop.  SuSE uses KDE by default and most/all of their
tools are built for KDE.  Novell also just bought Ximian which has the
XD2 desktop based on Gnome.  I wonder if Novell will use KDE as their
default desktop or rip it out and use XD2.  The only thing with that is
that they will need to make all new admin applications.

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb
Senior Programmer Analyst