RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 11:54:35 UTC 2003

Hi,

> Any game that relies on DirectX?
> Download Accelerator?
> The Sims

Okay, it depends on the test. If you want games which use directx, you
install WineX and let that do the hardware. The Sims is available for
linux as well.

Download accelerator is plain evil.

> I've tried this experiment with Mozilla/OOo/Linux and people refused
> to even try it out. They just took one look at it and demanded Outlook
> Express, MS Office and Windows.

Did you have it set up so they had exactly the same theme etc? I ensured
as plain a playing field as possible by having a hack on the windowing
software in Windows so the application name never appeared on the banner
and also no splash screens came up.

I said they were both base installs as well.

TTFN

Paul

--
Free your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Free your mind to a choice of applications which you can control