Extreme pain trying to report bugs with Fedora Test 3

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Nov 5 13:30:21 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 08:04, Mike Lurk wrote:
> Perhaps we should make that clearer for newer users who aren't
> necessarily already familiar with Red Hat or Fedora Core (and
> previously Red Hat Linux).  The default Mozilla page having a
> link to where to report bugs, or the GUI starting up with a
> message like that would be a good idea, as well as a
> bugzilla.redhat.com hyperlink on the desktop.
>
> What does everyone else think?
> Personally I think just a Icon on the desktop with a hyperlink to
> bugzilla. Or maybe a link in the dropdown menu under Internet. Another
> thought. Why not, when you first boot up there is a message saying
> "Would you like me to create an icon on your desktop for Bugzilla." and
> if you said yes it creates the icon and the hyperlink.

Great idea, to make this part of firstboot. That would also be an ideal
time to not just ask the question, but mention what bugzilla is for. If
there is going to be a FAQ as someone mentioned, I would make that part
of an overall group of links created, and just ask if the user wants the
group (of course, making it sound so good they just CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
THEM!). :-)

--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>