[OT] Re: nVidia installer needs kernel-source to compile driver

Albert DE WINT adwint at pandora.be
Wed Nov 5 15:45:10 UTC 2003

> Kernel-source is only needed for such
> things as the test releases, or non-stock kernels, which are not being
> run by newbies.

I know about newbies that run a non stock-kernel after 'up2date'
suggested to upgrade the kernel, which they did.

>  I don't know for certain, but I assume that nvidia
> will be releasing versions of their modules for Fedora Core 1 kernels,
> upon FC1's release.  Therefore, what you request is completely
> unnecessary.

Ok, so let's put our faith in the hands of nVidia.

> This is off-topic for this list.

Sorry for having broken your concentration. I was not aware of another
list more suitable for this topic.  I will take your hint seriously and
refrain from any furhter comments.