not OS related-red hat stock

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 19:00:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:

> It looked like RedHat would take most of the profit in the Linux
> business, but now they think RedHat will need to give up a piece of pie
> to Novell.

If Novell starts to seriously invest money into the
marketing of Linux, it's quite possible that the pie
itself is going to grow...

Personally I hope Novell will be successful and that
they will invest lots of money into the development
of open source programs, that will not only be good
for the users, but also for competing open source
companies (like Red Hat ;)).