[OT] Novell to Aquire SUSE

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 22:48:54 UTC 2003

James Drabb wrote:

> I wonder what Novell will do about the desktop.  SuSE uses KDE by
> default and most/all of their tools are built for KDE.  Novell also
> just bought Ximian which has the XD2 desktop based on Gnome.  I
> wonder if Novell will use KDE as their default desktop or rip it out
> and use XD2.  The only thing with that is that they will need to make
> all new admin applications.

<rant>That's the well deserved punishment for buying the worst of the
major distros! *grin* I would like to hope that Novell will change the
attitude of S.u.S.E., but I doubt it will become better...</rant>
The future will show.

Administrative tools should work in *any* environment, including
text-based! Yes, this is a complaint about redhat-config-*.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 9 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/