CD audio

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 6 17:01:39 UTC 2003

There is something I just found out, it my be just me, CD audio does not
work on my Fedora. I see the CD and all but there is no sound at all.
The only way the audio CD's play at all is with Xine. CD audio player
does not work. Same with Xmms. Am I missing something. Sound is working
every where else.

The CD does not mount, which is normal, I get the track info but no
sound when playing. I have tried a few CD's and same thing. MP3's work,
OGG Vorbis works. I must be missing something, but if I was it wouldn't
work in Xine. I can still rip the CD's using Grip or Sound Juicer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike