md5sum for yarrow-i386-disc3.iso not agreeing with MD5SUM file

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Thu Nov 6 19:47:55 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 15:33, Elton Woo wrote:
> On November 6, 2003 12:36 pm, BFD , <BFD <bfd at pcisys.net>> wrote:
> > I've downloaded (by ftp) the three .iso images for Fedora and in running
> > md5sum against them get
> >
> > d04a018ab18d192e97417d52bd8b9829
> >
> > for yarrow-i386-disc3.iso.
> >
> > According to the MD5SUM file it should be
> >
> > 6a26b34069639d0c31465d4079a8e1b2
>
> If it fails the md5sum check, then don't waste your time burning the
> CD, try another download or mirror instead.
>
> HTH,
>
> Elton ;-)
try using rsync as recommended by Tom Diehl, it can just fix the parts
of the ISO that were downloaded bad. This will work except if the ISO
was downloaded in ASCII mode/the size will difer/, in all other cases
rsync saves tons of traffic to you and to RedHat/the mirror.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev