What partition type for large partitions?

roberto pallucchini r.pallucchini at palluk.ig3.net
Sat Nov 8 11:06:13 UTC 2003

i don't think is a good idea to use ext2, i mean ext3 or reiserFS is
better, there are a journaled fs but ext2 no.
ReiserFS is more faster than ext3 because ext3 is more complex to the fs
system tracking and controlling.
ReiserFS tracking a part of FS transaction.
I mean if you use it in a server ext3 is better but you must have a good
hd  for have more performance!
I use ext3 for both my pc, i haven't a very quick PC!! but work well...

bye
Roberto