well this is Fedora Test Process related, so I suppose it belongs here.....

rg grant at tuins.ac.jp
Mon Nov 10 11:45:23 UTC 2003

>KDE Menu > Sound & Video > Audio Player
>
>It's there. Fresh install of Fedora Core 1. Actually, I haven't noticed
>the separate "Music Player" entry for Rhythmbox yet. ;)

No, I didn't mean that. I know it is still in the regular menu as Audio
Player, I mean that when you double click on an .ogg file (the icon for
which is still not bluecurve), Rhythmbox is what will be playing it. If
you right-click on that .ogg file, there is no mention of XMMS - you
have to choose Open With => An Application and then add it to the menu
there.  It should't be that way unless is was that way in TEST 3, and it
wasn't.  Also, Rhythmbox is too buggy to be the default anything. Many
of the methods that are supposed to work for creating playlists do not
work (i.e., dragging album or artist names from the browser windows to
the source window). Then there is adding genre information to the song
properties - a long list of genre pop up, but you none of them stick
once chosen.  Can't add a genre of your onw either.  And then there is
the streaming problem.  Mp3 support is not included and everyone is
quite mum on how to get it - well, mum in terms of specifics - and as
for .ogg streams, the ones I tried played at double speed, whereas they
worked fine under XMMS - even minutes apart. definitely a Rhythmbox bug.

Rhythmbox has no business being the default. That was a sneaky last
minute sneak in. It is that idea that upsets me.  Why bother beta
testing anything, if at the end somebody over somewhere just decides do
to what he wants for the masses.

That is my beef.

rg