Core1 is not booting graphicaly

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 10 19:38:32 UTC 2003

Vanco, Don  said:
> fedora-test-list-admin at redhat.com wrote:
>> ~On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Dima Gutzeit wrote:
>>> I have Fefora Test 2. How do I upgrade safely to FC 1 ?
>
> 	run up2date
>
>> I don't believe that you can use up2date to upgrade to a newer
>> distribution.
>
> Really?
>
> [root at localhost root]# cat /etc/fedora-release
> Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
>
> ...from a system that started life as a test2 system....  Packages managed
> exclusively via up2date.  I can't say that it's 100% accurate, but I would
> like to _believe_ that it is.....

I can think of at least one specific case that it isn't 100% accurate:
ntp.  A newer version of NTP was in the earlier tests, but was reverted
because of problem with it.  Check recent postings on the fedora-list and
you will find out that people that have updated the tests have a different
version than the ones that upgraded from previous RH releases or did a
clean install.

--
William Hooper