Fedora install exits abnormally - "received signal 15"..

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Tue Nov 11 19:37:17 UTC 2003

Hello,

After getting some great advice from others on this mailing list regarding FTP installation of Fedora, I was able to begin an install using FTP on an older Sony laptop.

I thought everything was going great when I saw that the Fedora install logged into my FTP server and began downloading Fedora/base/netstg2.img, but the screen eventually blanked out (I think after this file was downloaded?  The NIC was obviously transferring data and then stopped) and I got the following message:

"install exited abnormally -- received signal 15"

And then the install shuts down.

Is this something I might be able to fix?  The laptop is a Sony PCG-505G w/ a Pentium MMX.  The NIC I'm using is a Linksys PCM100.  (I tried a couple other NIC's without success, this PCM100 finally worked and got DHCP, logged into my FTP, etc.)

Thanks for the help,

Mark