Fedora and Nvidia ?????

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Tue Nov 11 06:41:33 UTC 2003

On Sun,  9 Nov 2003 05:49:37 -0500 (EST)
"PatrickM" <patrickm at myway.com> wrote:

> After installing Fedora (looks really nice!),
> I tried to install the Nvdia 4496 driver and ended up with a message
> telling me that it couldn't install it:" You appear to be compiling
> the NVIDIA kernel module with a compiler different from the one that
> was used to compile the running kernel."

Hi,
and when you read further, the solution stands in the error message.
At the moment i am not sure if the CC= export was the only thing you
need, IMHO there must be set an bvariable like IGNORE or soemthing like
that. At the moment i am sitting in a train and do not have access to
inernet or my home computer, on which i install the nvidia drivers on
fedora beta 0.94. When i am not answering in this group in the next 2 or
3 days and you do not have a solution, please feel free to write a
private e-mail to me.

CU

--
Nine (not 9)