KDE "Start Here' doesn't work?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Sun Nov 16 17:15:01 UTC 2003

Sorry for writing to the test list, but this is a reply to an old mail
for the testing times.

Am Di, den 28.10.2003 schrieb Than Ngo um 10:26:
> Christoph Wickert schrieb:
>

> >This is what happened to me: Start Here worked in Gnome. After some
> >Updates it worked with KDE, too. After changing the icon theme in KDE
> >there was no icon anymore (for KDE themes usually include no Start
> >here), so I changed the Icon to the one from RH artwork.
> >

> this icon is missed in other Icon Theme. I will fix it in next
> kdebase-3.1.4-5

Not really.

> >So you can't have Start here in KDE and Gnome. Will this be fixed in
> >kdebase 3.1.4-5?
> >

> yes, kdebase-3.1.4-5 will fix this problem.

Not really.
# rpm -q kdebase
kdebase-3.1.4-6

Shortcuts created in Gnome won't work in KDE anymore. Nothing happens,
not even a failure in .xsession-errors.

As long, as this doesn't work I vote for separate desktops again.

Christoph