Well supported, reliable NICs for Redhat Linux/Fedora?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 17 05:46:28 UTC 2003

Right now I have a bunch of computers. I started out with 2 machines and
2 Netgear FA310TX cards.

One of the Netgear cards died -- I replaced it with the FA311

Then I went with the CompUSA brand because it is cheap, also Hawkings
Techologies which is cheaper than CompUSA branded cards. All have worked
well.

When I have to put an NIC in someone else's computer I get the cheapest
available card.

Lately I won't take a computer that doesn't have LAN capability built
into the motherboard. I've built 2 computers and both have onboard LAN.
That's the way I want to keep it in the future.

I guess I've been lucky!

Bob

--
Bob Cochran