Well supported, reliable NICs for Redhat Linux/Fedora?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 17 22:31:29 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 13:32, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Show me a 15kRPM SATA drive with the capability to truly know that
> the data has hit the platter (essential for journaling filesystems
> and ACID compliant databases).  Pity. :-)  One will probably be
> available soone enough, but by that time the 4u 4+TB of hot swap SCSI
> will also be a reality.

I do believe the 10K RPM SATA drives from Western Digital are capable of
that.

And what size disk to you expect to use to get 1TB per U?  How long has
140~ gig been the upper limit on SCSI disks?  How long was it at 73
prior to?  Either way thats not the argument.  The argument is that
certain technologies while not necessary for you may be necessary for
your neighboor, and shouldn't be discounted.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: