arjan's 2.6test kernels and sound

Joshua Legbandt jtlegbandt at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 14:50:03 UTC 2003

I've tried Arjan's test kernels in the past and discarded them due to
their inability to work with my wireless pcmcia card, but they all
loaded the sound modules properly on boot. I've installed Arjan's
kernel-2.6.0-0.test9.1.90 kernel which happily works with my pcmcia card
for wireless (which has always worked with vanilla 2.6test kernels), but
the sound modules no longer load on boot. The also appears to happens
with a vanilla 2.6test kernel (2.6-test9-bk17). I can't correlate this
to another other updates that I have done. The modules load properly
with modprobe.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

-josh

--