Mouse goes crazy

C Moss cmrhbl at mossc.com
Tue Nov 25 20:50:12 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:38:32PM -0600, Craig Herring wrote:
> Do you have a Belkin KVM?  I have the same problem here.  I solved it by
> using the Logitech PS/2 mouse+ driver.  However my scroll doesn't work.
> HOWEVER-> this trick doesn't work with the 2.6test kernel.  Anyone have
> more insight?

This isn't a solution but the problem may be related to the issue addressed
in the release notes of 2.6test10:

<torvalds at home.osdl.org>
	Don't force PS/2 mouse rate or resolution by default.

	Only set the rate/resolution if the user actually asked
	for it. Some mice and KVM switches don't like to have
	their rate forced.

Don't know if that change has been backported.

Chuck