Mouse goes crazy

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Thu Nov 27 02:57:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Jonathan Villa wrote:

>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:01:20 -0600
>From: Jonathan Villa <jvilla at isdesigndev.com>
>To: Fedora Test <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Mouse goes crazy
>
>Ok, I have had Yarrow working well for a while now, but yesterday I
>started experiencing some odd issues with my mouse.  All of a sudden it
>stops working correctly.  The only thing that seems to fix is to kill X
>and run mouse-test, then restart.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Also, I have FC 1 running on a desktop which is hooked up to a KVM
>switch.  Whenever I go to another PC, and return, the same thing
>happens, the mouse goes crazy.

Unplug the mouse from the KVM, and plug it directly into the PC,
then reconfigure the mouse to make sure the proper protocol is
being used.

Does the mouse work in this configuration?  If so, then your KVM
is interfering with the mouse protocol.  Bugzilla bug alias "KVM"
has more detailed information about KVMs and their interaction
with X.

--
Mike A. Harris