upgrading rh9+3rd party rpms

Kevin Bowen kevin at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 1 00:11:54 UTC 2003

Ok, so before installing fedora, I want to downgrade all my packages to
their rh9 versions, so that I don't end up with a partial fedora install
(mixed fedora/3rd party packages) due to some of the 3rd party packages
being the same version numbers as their fedora counterparts)... would
'rpm --freshen --oldpackage *.rpm' do the trick (from my rh9 cd's rpm
directory)?

The reason I'm worrying so much about this, in case anyone is wondering, is
that some of the gnome 2.4 packages from the nyquist repository seem to be
packaged sloppily and cause problems for me, so I want to make sure they all
get replaced by fedora, and not just screwed up even further by another
layer of repository-mixing.