RH9 -> Test2 upgrade kernel issue, lilo

Fedora-Test-List fedora-test-list at hourfollowshour.org
Wed Oct 1 00:37:45 UTC 2003

Ah the wonders of IRC.  Dant on freenode.net #fedora was able to help me
out with this, aparently /boot/messages (logos?) was a RedHat thing that
isn't there after the test2 upgrade, commenting out that line from
/etc/lilo.conf allowed me to run 'lilo' with success.

Booting into the Kernel on a Vaio R505TS in the Docking Station still
caused a problem, booting hung on the FireWire line.

Pulling the laptop out of the docking station (which the laptop connects
to from the bottom via a firewire interface) lets me boot into the new
kernel no problem.  Wahoo!

Louis