oOO-1.1 and prelink

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 23:47:30 UTC 2003

Wow, prelinking OOo-1.1 gives very impressive startup times.
For the first startup I get 4 seconds, with 2 seconds after that.

One other not about prelink, it seems to hose gstreamer or at least
programs that use it.  After prelinking /usr/bin which has jamboree and
sound-juicer in it, those two apps would segfault when I tried to run
them.  Undoing the prelink on jamboree and sound-juicer fixed them both
and now they run.  Is there any way to tell the prelink cron job to
ignore certain files?  I am using Fedora Core 0.94.

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb
Senior Programmer Analyst