numlock at boot

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Thu Oct 2 00:02:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 06:36:27PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:28, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > That doesn't help people who want to use the numeric keypad
> > on the console, but I think that's a relatively small group.
> > And using the numeric keypad on the login screen seems exotic.
>
> It is truly unusual for me to not include at least one numeral in my
> passwords, though usually I use more than one numeral.

Not that it's truly important, but it seems to me that when typing a
password, using the number keys in the top row of the keyboard is faster
than the numeric keypad, unless the password is completely numeric.
I'm not the best person to ask, though, since I find the keypad awkward.
(It probably has to do with being left-handed, and how I learned to
touch-type.)

John Thacker