"Homeless" KDE desktop

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes tvinhas at techbyte.com.br
Thu Oct 2 18:07:58 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elton Woo" <elwoo at videotron.ca>
To: <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: "Homeless" KDE desktop

> > Is this a problem with translations? Did not happen to me with a
> > german-only install, just like the problems with firstboot: Installing
> > english & german results in a mixture of both.
> >
> No I see the same thing here. I have Canadian English for
> the system language, but no Home folder on the KDE
> desktop.

I´ve installed Fedora beta2 with the brazilian portuguese language, and
everything is on the right place. All the icons are shown on the desktop,
and it runs exactly the same then when I use it with the american english
language.

But, I have problems with dead keys on KDE only. It's strange because the
problem happens only on KDE apps. Evolution and OpenOffice handles fine the
dead keys.

Regards,
Thiago