laptop install - screen gets white

Rainer Hattenhauer Rainer.Hattenhauer at t-online.de
Sat Oct 4 06:54:07 UTC 2003

Hello,

since RH 9, I have the following problem when booting from installation CD 1
and trying to perform an install on my laptop:

After media check, when launching the anaconda installer, the screen of my
laptop is getting slowly white and remains in this state. No chance to work
in graphical space, <ctrl>+<alt>+<+/-> doesn't show any effect, too.
Hardware: Ati Rage Mobility, which is detected by the install routine, but:
screen is marked as not detected.
Software: now using fedora test2

As a workaround, I connected my external Desktop monitor, went through the
installation, and after that, rebooting the system, and the graphic system
goes up properly.

Any idea for a better workaround which uses the laptop screen for
installation (beside using anaconda in text mode) ?

Rainer