installing pine under fedora?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 4 13:57:02 UTC 2003

  i finally got around to putting fedora 0.94 on my system, and wanted
to re-install pine (yes, i really should find another mail client one of these
days), but trying to install the most recent version of pine gave me a
dependency error -- missing libcom_err.so.3.

  a quick check suggests that that library belongs to the kerberos libs,
but the fedora-shipped krb5-libs RPM contains no such thing.  i'm supposing
i can try to install an earlier version of pine to try to beat this, but what have
others done to install pine under fedora?

  i'd rather not hack around, trying to match versions if there's an easier
solution.  thanks.

rday