Compaq Laptop Installation

Marcus White 1midniterider at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 19:11:25 UTC 2003

G'day,

This may have been asked and answered earlier. I've installed Fedora
Core 1 Beta 2 on a Compaq Armada M700 laptop with 128Mb RAM and 400Mhz
CPU. After several attempts it installed via NFS image and the GUI
install. In text mode it bombed for various reasons and different
stages. Nothing consistent to pinpoint. At any rate, the problem I have
and it started with RedHat 9 is that during the GUI start up the
scroll/cap/num lock lights flash for about 1-2 minutes before the GUI is
presented. The logs indicate "Keyboard timed out". Is this a known
problem and is there a fix for it.
--
Marcus White <1midniterider at comcast.net>