fedora documentation question/clarification

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Sat Oct 4 22:41:18 UTC 2003

traxtopel wrote:

>http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/
>
>On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 20:24, Gene C. wrote:
>

>>When Red Hat marketed their Red Hat Linux product, one of the characteristics
>>was that a set of manuals was included (hardcopy if you purchased the product
>>and cdrom iso if you downloaded).  From what I can see of Fedora Core, these
>>manuals will not exist anymore (although I assume that they will be available
>>for RHEL).
>>
>>True?  False?
>>
>>Is there (or will there be) any effort (perhaps with non red Hat folks) to
>>update these manuals as Fedora evolves.  Given the Fedora Core approach, I
>>cannort assume that Red Hat will spend any time updating these as Fedora
>>evolves but there is/can be a need for at least some of the manuals to be
>>updated for Fedora.

Are these ging to be anything like the Redhat 9 ones. Are the Redhat 9
ones going to be updated to Fedora, or does Fedora have to make its own
new ones. I think the Rdhat 9 oones make a very good starting base for
docs, although it shall be a hassle to maintain them given the speed at
which Fedora is expectd to evolve.