Grub stage1 file error

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Sun Oct 5 04:43:34 UTC 2003

But this isn't a solution, i.e. to just reinstall from scratch! And I
already accepted the default settings for grub.

> All the Grub problems I've experienced are related to booting multiple
> operating systems. In the case of just a single OS (Fedora Core) you
> should be fine without changing any options at first.

I've been using GRUB since version 7.3, and never had a problem with it,
specially that I use multiple OSs (sometimes even more than one Linux
distro). Furthermore, I used to configure it manually for multiple linux
system, so I have no issue with it at all.

> Later on, once you are booting successfully, and only if you need
this,
> edit /boot/grub.conf to pass acpi=on to the kernel so your networking
> will work.

Never had to do this as well, since the start.
The problem here refers to the stage1 file.

Thanks for your answer.
Ossama