dev package does not have /dev/cdrom

MJang michael at ywow.org
Sun Oct 5 14:53:19 UTC 2003

Dear Bob,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert L Cochran" <cochranb at speakeasy.net>
> I removed the graphical boot for this machine and noticed boot time
> errors this morning for /dev/cdrom. I then  tried mounting a CD. It failed.

Have you tried the - updfstab - command? It's supposed to make sure what Kudzu sees is properly reflected in /etc/fstab.

Just tried an experiment with my RHL9 box, where I commented out my /dev/cdrom line. I'd think some combination of kudzu and
updfstab should restore /dev/cdrom. It does not.

However, the updfstab command does work - when manually run - after reboot. I think it should be added to some rc script after
kudzu, and have added this info to your bug 106319.

Thanks,
Mike