Severn/Fedora hangs during boot at PCMCIA?

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Sun Oct 5 16:39:13 UTC 2003

Quick follow-up ..

I noticed a couple options in the BIOS that may be relevant?  I'm not sure
how these will effect Severn, but I'll try them this morning.

First is "USB Legacy Emulation" .. By default is disabled and the way I had
it set for RH9.  I'll change this to enabled and try installing Severn
again.

Also, there is an option for "PC Card Controller Mode" .. Currently
auto-selected, the way I had it for RH9.  I can change this to PCIC
Compatible or CardBus/16-bit.  I'll change this to CardBus/16-Bit during my
complete re-install of Severn and cross my fingers.  ;)

I'll write back re: my results.

Thanks,

Mark