Graphical boot issues: a.o. graphical boot twice slower then text boot!!!

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 14:28:36 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 13:47, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Another feature I would like to see in the graphical boot that it gives
> feedback when something fails. I made a small mistake when entering my
> USB pen-drive in /etc/fstab: I forgot the noauto option. So the text
> boot was complaining that it didn't see the pen drive when I didn't have
> it plugged in. The graphical boot didn't say anything

Not your real problem, but I'd rather add these lines to
/etc/updfstab.conf:

device memstick {
    partition 1
    match   hd "Traveling Disk"
}

Exchange "Traveling Disk" with whatever your USB stick is called in
/proc/scsi/scsi, so updfstab can add a /mnt/memstick line in /etc/fstab
when the stick is inserted (and remove the line when it is removed).
This will also appear/disappear automagically in Nautilus'
right-click-on-desktop/Disks menu.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com