GRUB Failure after last Friday's update

Michael R Hatzel Jr michael at epm2.com
Mon Oct 6 22:47:26 UTC 2003

I am running Fedora Core Test 2 in a dual boot scenario with Windows XP.
Both are on seperate hard disks, and I had to do the cpio trick to get the
first block off of the Linux Drive and copy it over to my Windows
installation in order to set up the dual boot.  This has worked fine
forever, but after last Friday's update (all 300+ MB of it), my system hangs
at "Loading GRUB Stage2 . . .".  I tried booting off of my rescue disk, and
re-installing grub through grub-install, and that merely resulted in the
again.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike Hatzel