Up2date from rawhide on severn2

Mark Howell mhowell at northlink.com
Tue Oct 7 05:43:29 UTC 2003

Tommy McNeely wrote:
[snip]

> > Would those two updates be for aspell and xemacs by any
> chance? I've
> > seen the same behavior under Severn Beta 1 *and* FC Test 2
> on both my
> > boxes.
> >

> I dont *think* I had this problem in beta1, but its certainly
> possible... those are exactly the two packages in question..
> I could do the --replace-pkgs option.. unless you think we
> should file a bug report based on anything first? .. I tried
> the --rebuilddb to no avail... I also get a shitload of

--rebuilddb didn't solve it for me either.

I got around it by removing and reinstalling the packages as follows
(mentioned later in original thread last month):

(as root)
rpm -e --nodeps aspell xemaces-el; up2date --nosig aspell xemacs-el

I'd rather not have needed the --nosig bit but it was necessary with my
config though I think I've imported all the right GPG keys.

I don't know whether this was really an up2date/rhn/rpm *bug* or just a
hiccup in the way Fedora was packaged.

If you don't see this in bugzilla and no one follows up saying "not a bug"
then by all means file it.

> (up2date:24432): libglade-WARNING **: could not convert
> string to type `GdkPixbuf' for property `logo'
>
> (up2date:24432): libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image:
> Failed to open file
> '/usr/share/pixmaps/redhat/shadowman-round-48.png': No such
> file or directory
>

> errors that I just noticed (cause I usually run up2date via
> the RHN icon)

I get these all the time on both my test boxes, but I think they're
unrelated to the package confusion issue above.

Cheers,

Mark.