How to setup DMA on my CD-RW?

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Tue Oct 7 14:06:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:57, HoytDuff wrote:
> > > I have always wondered where this is actually documented . . .
> >
> > FWIW, my answer was a cut-n-paste of the release notes of RHL 8 .
>
> I don't consider that "real" documentation for the use of that feature; that's
> more like a start/stop switch label on an appliance than useful
> documentation. 8)
>
> Where are the release note writers getting their info?

I think someone may have already mentioned this, but the settings are
mentioned in here:

/usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt

Also, reading /etc/rc.sysinit will show you where the file is sourced
and used to execute hdparm, which would also naturally lead to the
hdparm man page. Once again, the kernel present in Fedora 0.94 will
autosense a lot of this stuff (more so than even RHL 9), so that you
needn't worry about /etc/sysconfig/harddisk* in most general-usage
cases. HTH.
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE